Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Flat Tire

For those of you who know me, know that I am NOTORIOUS for pulling pranks and April Fool's jokes. Well this year, the joke was on me. I was heading out to do a little shopping with Millie, when a car pulled along side of us on the 210 to inform me that my tire was low. I had driven over something on the freeway, but didn't think much of it? I've only had one other flat tire and I for sure knew that it had happened. I pulled off the freeway, we were still in Glendora, and proceeded to a neighborhood that I was familiar with. Sure enough, it was flatter than flat. I decided that I was going to try and change this bad boy myself, but called home to inform the family of what had happened. While on the phone with my mom, I could hear my little sister Kendall in the background yelling, "don't believe her mom, it's April 1st." I had to assure my mom that I wasn't joking and that we REALLY did have a flat tire! My Uncle came down to help us, after I had gotten everything started for him! :) Of course we couldn't resist taking pictures! Samantha even got out of the car, snapping the camera!





2 comments:

Millicent said...

Funniest flat tire experience I've ever had. Best part was when your Uncle pulled up and Sammie got out of the car, with her camera. Too funny.

You Herbert/Ellis people and your pictures. Love it.

Jessica Shumway said...

This was a good read, just reminded me of the time we couldn't get your accord to start in the parking lot of the Widsoe building after church. Remember? We were trying to jam the key into the gear shifter box, hahaha